PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Window shutters
Thread: Window shutters
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2006, 18:17
flapsforty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our colleague jettesen expresses his frustration with the fact that there's always pax that ask "why" instead of doing what he asks them.

Our colleague flyblue explains what she thinks about people asking why, how she deals with the 'why-brigade', why she deals with them the way she does and what the result of her method is.

As it doesn't say in her profile, jettesen makes a wee joke asking flyblue if she's an FA. No big deal, and the way I know flyblue, it hasn't in the least ruffled her feathers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she uses that mu shin when she moderates

lisat different people bring different attitudes & backgrounds to the job of being an FA. flyblues last post very clearly shows how she approaches her job.
The lenght of her post also shows clearly that she is keen to share what makes her working life easier with fellow FAs here and'jettesen in particular.
Jettesen twice expresses his frustration, flyblue shares with him how she herself avoids that frustration. I don't see that as patronising but as trying to share. Still, we all see what we are disposed to see, don't we?

As a further bit of food for thought, neither flyblue nor I grew up with English as our native language. So when writing in English, we tend to make an extra effort to make sure what we say is clear. Perhaps this makes us more longwinded/appear patronising than we need to be.