PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2006, 16:24
ShortfinalFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aan/sailor. Guys in APS, the old scheme, may retire on £120k a year but those in NAPS - no chance.

But you are missing the point. We are not living in a dreamworld but a real, benchmarked one in which BA can demonstrably afford to pay for its pensions obligations. If it doesn't - game over. If WW goes on to bash the pilots over bidline etc, he'll be making another mistake there too. We have been messed about for years whilst the rest of BA has gone its own merry way, wasting millions, and the time for all that pilot bashing is over.

Neither I nor my colleagues care a jot what you think, or indeed anyone else when it comes down to it: either BA pays up on pensions, improves BARP for the new joiners and leaves bidline alone, or there wont be a BA - end of story.

Cue howls of rage from the "work for peanuts squad". Suggestion -get off your butts and improve your own lot wherever you work, and we'll get on with defending our contracts meanwhile. Selfish - not a bit of it. I joined on a contract and it will be honoured. Every time BA pilots helped the company out in the past it was pissed back in our faces - every time, (Salary cuts for A320's at birmingham anyone? Oh! I forgot, there aren't any, and so on and on).

Not anymore. our flight ops managers are neither leaders nor managers, just bonus-driven liars, and with the end of credibility comes the long-overdue end of pilot naivety.

Stick together guys - WW has a lot to learn.