PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jar to faa
Thread: jar to faa
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2006, 08:22
-IBLB-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: jar to faa

Originally Posted by ORBITAL
Planning On A Hoilday To Florida To Do Some Flying I Have Already A Faa Licence Based On My Jar One Which I Got A Number Of Years Ago, will Be Going With A Friend Who Has Just Got His Jar Ppl And Whish To Know What He Needs To Do To Covert To A Faa One.i Understand That It Now Involves Contacting The Faa And Caa And Then Picking Up Faa Licence At A Known Date At A Certain Place.
Any Info About The Process Would Be Most Welcome.
Make sure, that you check your license number which is stated on your FAA license ( it says "... has to be accompanied by UK pilots certicate UK/PP/........." ) and make sure it still is the same as your current JAR license. It depends on how long ago you got your conversion, but i have had students with the problem that their UK license number had changed, rendering their FAA certificate invalid, since they could not show a license with that number.

Also, to get a license issued based upon a foreign license, does involve all the paperwork as stated above, but the license can be picked up at the FSDO you stated on your FAA-form free of charge. Afterwards you still have to do a "flight review"; this can be done with any FAA-flight instructor.