PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL skills test
Thread: CPL skills test
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2006, 07:35
High Wing Drifter

Re: CPL skills test

My examiner (and I guess I speak for all of them) really wanted me to pass. I also think this is really one of those situations where no test related question is a stupid question, just don't ask any aircraft related ones!

If stuff goes wrong in-flight like the crosswind goes out of limits or stuff like the gear fails to extend then remember your are still being tested (both and more happend to me, The examiner got the gear working and it was a good experience). My examiner was happy to let me land out of 'limits' but if I hadn't announced that we were out of limits then I think it would have been a problem.

Inspite of some rather splendid flying and navigation (if I may say so myself) during my rather fraught test experience I partialed on one stupid error - not getting the gear down in time during the EFATO. I suspect the fact that for some reason EFATO was the only procedure that I didn't mentally run through that morning was a contributory factor.

So after four weeks of waiting for weather and examiner to converge I had to do three flights over two weeks: one incomplete test, one flight to complete and then redo the failed section. Frankly I would be suprised if I experience anything as fraught as this in a test environment ever again

Lesson learnt.