PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL skills test
Thread: CPL skills test
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2006, 18:53
buster172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CPL skills test

Hi,
I went in marginal conditions, vis and cloud ok but higher winds than I was used to and above ‘my’ agreed test minima.
I had been waiting two months to get to this bloody point and I thought I would go for it. First bit went very well but I messed up the diversion. Not strictly the winds fault, I wasn’t good enough on the day, but it did make it a lot harder. The rest of the test went very well with a great debrief, the subsequent resit was a non event but it did cost!
That’s another point, if you mess something up, despite it feeling like the worst moment of my life I dug deep and thought I’m going to show him I know what I’m doing. Just keep going. He seemed genuinely saddened to have to fail me on that section, so they can be human to!
So, don’t feel pressure to go unless you’re quite happy with everything, try and relax and remember, the examiner is there to pass you, I also learnt a lot from the flight and debrief and I would like to think I am a better, if not slightly poorer pilot for it.
Good luck
Buster