PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2006, 17:28
eastjimmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CORK

While I strongly agree with TTT in regard to the TA stuff I am of the opinion that the airport has bigger and infinetly more pressing battles ahead, Top priority should be this debth issue. This if not sorted will blow the competivness out of the water and we can sing for our chances of offering the right kind of inducement to a prospective TA carrier not to mention the bread and butter stuff going to the UK and Europe that can certainly be upgraded. I feel that there is a viable market for TA ex cork but this i feel would secondary from a finincial point of view in comparison to what is really needed at Cork which is more European/UK routes...
As I said above previously Ive sent some letters to some TD s to date I have recieved one reply, From Mr David Stanton(Fine Geal): who has said he has raised and will raise the matter again in the Dail following the recess, He also pointed out that he has attended a number of meetings with business people of the area on the matter, So I guess we will have to wait and see...,
In the mean time I sugest to all to lobby your representitive. Its of the upmost importance for the viable future of the airport.
Regs,
EJ