PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security checks for crews are getting to the riduculous!
Old 16th Jan 2006, 08:37
Topslide6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Security checks for crews are getting to the riduculous!

bjcc,

In the meantime, I'll feel a bit better if something is done, rather than nothing.
And the politicians wishing to be seen to be doing something can now rest easy.

I's been pointed out that there are reasons why crew are screened, if you don't wish to accept those, thats your affair.
It's not really a case of not wishing to accept them and I rather think you're missing the point somewhat. As has already been said a thousand times, screening and in some cases the over the top groping of crews to prevent us taking a fork into the flight deck is utterly pointless. That's why crew get hacked off with it. It's a fruitless and pointless waste of our time. It seems that trust is now a dirty word.

Having control of the aircraft already, there is no need to set about one's self with cutlery. As much as some will protest this, the kind of screening we currently have is essentially a power trip for security guards trying to humiliate pilots in front of the travelling public thereby giving themselves some sort of elevated status. I have no objection to being searched but it would be nice, as with everything nowadays, to have just a touch of common sense employed at the same time.

Last edited by Topslide6; 21st Jan 2006 at 14:24.