View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2006, 00:33
Winky Dink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Adelaide's terminal to open on Dec 21st

Adelaide a world best city to live in
By LAURA ANDERSON
16jan06

WHILE it may have become less attractive to tourists, Adelaide is actually one of the world's most "liveable" cities, according to a worldwide survey.
International business publication The Economist has named Adelaide as one of the world's most desirable places to live, in an international survey of 127 cities.

Adelaide was ranked alongside Sydney and Perth in equal fifth place, with Vancouver topping the list.
Premier Mike Rann said the survey results were further recognition of Adelaide as a world-class destination. In November, Adelaide was also named as one of the world's best business destinations in The Economist.
"The Economist joins respected organisations such as the Australian Industry Group and KPMG in confirming Adelaide's status as one of the world's best cities in which to live and do business," Mr Rann said.
Deputy Lord Mayor Cris Magasdi agreed, saying that Adelaide was " a great city to live in".
"Adelaide is great, the prices are good and the housing availability is very good," he said.
"We have everything working for us here.
"I have just come back from overseas and even Americans are beginning to realise how good Adelaide is.
"We are starting to get a very good name."
Tourism industry leaders have recently raised concerns about a decline in tourist numbers to South Australia.
However, the study - conducted by the Economic Intelligence Unit - found Adelaide ranked well in categories of stability, health care, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.
Mr Rann said "factors including our triple-A credit rating, the strength of the state economy, our record low levels of unemployment, and our success in winning major projects help to make Adelaide a very attractive destination".
The survey found that Australia "has some of the most liveable places in the world", with Melbourne ranking second overall.
"Perth, Adelaide and Sydney join Zurich, Toronto and Calgary in joint 5th place," the report says. "Just below this is Brisbane in joint 11th place."
Although I am an Victorian and it hurts me to post this. I'm sick of the Adelaide negativity on this so called professional forum!

Last edited by Winky Dink; 16th Jan 2006 at 05:28.