PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Seniority Joke
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2006, 23:25
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
fish Re: Qantas Seniority Joke

Originally Posted by Bazzamundi
Keg, seniority based on date of joining is the issue.
I don't have a major problem with that. My point was to not get distracted with arguments about who trained who and when.

If QF could have done it without the LOA so easily, then why didn't they?
I don't know but I can categorically state that you won't find out by posting it on PPRUNE. There is a MUCH better chance of getting people to engage on a discussion on Qrewroom. Go a step further and give some of the former COM a call.

Why did the union stand up for non members (these cadets) at the expense of current members?
Again, you won't find an answer to that on PPRUNE! I can give some thoughts but they are just musings from my point of view. However, if I'm the only person engaging then we're not actually achieving very much.

As for Qroom, you don't mention cadets in Qantas where management may see. Not unless you enjoy assessment sims.
I've said my piece on this and I don't think that the 'cadet' issue will receive such a response. That said, having seen a few things over the years, the assessment sims are way too obvious. Were you to say something that puts a target on your back then means are always far more subtle than the assessment sim!