PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2006, 21:05
issi noho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BA pilots 'prepared to strike'

Not defeatism at all. Yes it is a court battle. You need to get on side every other affected group, there will be many. Add to that the best final salary pension in the land belong to MP's. Two parties have changed their leadership and need a cause to back, you should be getting them on side too. Maybe the next election wont be won by the party for education but by the party who supports the growing demographic of pensioners. Who knows?

I say one final thing, when you say WW cant do something or won't do something, it is really easy for me to say he can and will. But You have to gamble that you are right and I am wrong; plenty of people will say I told you so if you're wrong, me I just walk away unscathed. There is an arrogance about your post. I just read it again to be sure. You hold the cards, but it's also your own money you're gambling with.

Fortunately, this is a very public forum, and no doubt this post was started for a reason and irrespective of what goes on here better brains (lawyers I hope) are at work behind the scenes thinking this one through. I hope you don't strike but I also hope you win this battle and look forward to saying well done but it is a long way in the future.