PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 89 Dispute is now over
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2002, 14:38
Capt_Zoolander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

HIALS, I feel like we have won too, it's been a long hard war, but like all wars there is always casualties. (unfortunately I am one of them) I agree with what you have said, . .Quote

"Am I the only one who feels like the 89 dispute is finally over - and we won.

* Ansett, Australian, East-West & Ipec all gone.. .* Hawke in ignominious retirement.. .* Abeles dead.. .* Dr. Hancock's corporatism theory discredited.. .* ACTU grip on government gone.. .* IRC almost irrelevant.. .* ALP a long way from election victory.. .* AFAP rebuilding for a bright future.. .* most scabs unemployed in a tight labour market.. .* 89'rs enjoying careers with EK, CX, KL, VS, KA, SQ etc

It really is too good to be true."

I stayed here to fight the war, and spent close to 18 Months out of work. I was finally offered a job as an intake F/O back in Ansett in 1991, which is what we had been told that we were fighting for. What really upsets me is that some of my brothers in arms consider all Ansett Pilots to be scabs regardless of their employment date. As Ansetts policy was to promote based on joining date I have spent the last 10 years sitting in the right hand seat.

. .Regards

F/O_Zoolander (retired for now)

What a waste, 28 years experience

All the Best, Tim