PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2006, 15:30
Suvarnabhumi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BA pilots 'prepared to strike'

Hand Solo,

Firstly apologies for all the "Errors" in my post.

Most long haul pilots are already approaching the 900 hr limit. WW can't get any more productivity, all he can do is try to replace the Bidline rostering system with Carmen.
He can get you doing more of that 900 hours sat in the hotseat and not asleep in the bunk clocking up allowances. Of course there are productivity enhancement options, in both LH and SH which are currently restricted by UNION working conditions.

The Pilots will be split 49/51 and give WW what he really wants, the optimum result for BA.

Error 2: Even with the all senior guys on the oldest pension and all the junior guys on the newest pension voting together, they still represent less than a third of all BA pilots.
Spilt 49/51, just a figure of speech, who knows what the spilt would be, it's irrelevent, the guys across the seniority list, not just in the middle will all have different agendas, and unfortunately 100% unity will be difficult to attain.

Unprecendented massive cost / crewing savings to bring you in line with your main future competitors Emirates, Virgin, Etihad, BMI, Qatar, Kingfisher etc

Error 3:If you want to lower my work levels to the level of Virgin (750 hourds per year, any extra on overtime) I'd be quite happy.
Irrelevent. Include that in your strike ballot then! Probably a good idea as BALPA will need to attack WW, you ask for the world as well, bang your heads together and you'll come out evens! I assume a Virgin/Emirates Pilot doing 900 hours' total package still costs less than a senior BA Pilot doing 900 hours.

Do you think all those 777-300ER's will come with crew rest facilities etc???

Error 4:If they want to use them on ER routes they'll have to so says the CAA.

Quote:
Do you think you'll still be flying with Heavy crews?

Error 5: You can't fly long range without heavy crews, unless willy thinks he can change the flight time limitations too.
Yes I agree, but are ALL BA's 3 and 4 pilot routes due to CAA or BALPA rules???