PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Police
Thread: RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2006, 15:29
Blodwyn Pig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: RAF Police

i started my 'career' at valley, where there were only 3 RAFP, 2 real corporals and a fltsgt. it was all very layed back, everone hated them, and they kept themselves to themselves. then i got posted to honington, with its 'special' bomb dump, and the whole place is over-run with the buggers! all these, what looked like, 12 year old kids with tapes on their shoulder, with voics barely broken.....even the older coppers hated them!
one of our WRAF's was going out with a copper, and lived out off camp with him and a couple of others off our unit, it ended up as party central most of the time, with plenty of place to crash the night. to start with, the parties started off with the coppers on one side of the room, and us on the other, but after a few parties, we got to know them better, and they turned out to be a good bunch on the whole.(they were all real cpl's, and had been around a bit).
having this rapour with some of the more experienced coppers certainly helped us get away with a lot more things, indeed, it was almost being like an officer at times! (just put it down to high jinks, as opposed to getting nicked!).
the police were also very handy on nightshift, when some numpty had gone home, but left a tool in his overalls, in his locker. we used to just phone up plod, get him to go round to the blokes room/house, and bring them into work to put the tool back.