PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Seniority Joke
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2006, 11:13
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Qantas Seniority Joke

C'mon TL, there are a couple of issues that you need correcting on!

Originally Posted by Transition Layer
...this is about the only place we can do it without fear of retribution (i.e. Qrewroom).
If you reckon a topic or posts such as these on Qrewroom makes you a target for 'retribution' then you're kidding yourself. This is hardly a 'blip' in the scheme of things. The very issue that you guys are pushing (that the senior guys don't care because it doesn't affect them) is the very reason why it is hardly worth them even reading the thread on Qrewroom let alone caring about your position. Why do you reckon there are so few people senior people engaging on the Qrewroom debate? None of them care. I'm not saying that it is right (I love a good debate as much as the next person), I'm just saying it how it is. So fire away on Qrewroom. When you get some of the 'heavy hitters' contributing, perhaps then you'll know that you're getting somewhere. Retribution though....seriously doubt it!

Originally Posted by Transition Layer
... there is an S/O in Qantas who was a skipper for Air North on the Brasilia, no doubt imparting his wealth of knowledge on the QF Cadet F/Os who were up there at the time. He has now been checked to line in QF for 4-5 months, the cadets are either still with Air North or just starting their S/O training, and he is now JUNIOR to these guys/girls.
TL
The flying instructors at the college who taught me well enough to get my CPL and MECIR are all junior to me in QF. I remember flying with a S/O just after I checked out as an F/O who had been a 767 F/O for a european carrier. Heaps more experience than I and joined not far behind me! It happens from time to time. The issue shouldn't be about who instructed who and when as that just clouds the issue by adding a degree of emotion to it- see your 'unfair' comment.

If you want to win this argument then the ONLY leg you have to stand on is date of joining QF. As noted on Qrewroom previously, QF can get around this pretty easily without the LOA if they want to- as other have shown and see my Qrewroom post for two of the four examples I was thinking of! However, if you persist with the 'who trained who' line then you're going to take a hit and the entire discussion will get side tracked- possibly into oblivion.