PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2006, 07:44
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary

Just to say... I managed to get into the skies yesterday for the first time since my skills test. What a relief. I was getting concerned that I'd forgotten everything.

I wanted to go up with an instructor just to get me back in the swing of things. To make best use of time I had my first IMC lesson, and landed back in the dark - although the time doesn't count for night flying.

Today is looking good too - I'm going for a conversion flight in a Diamond DA40.

Edit for an update: Diamond DA40. mmm... very nice. A bit odd for taxying as you have to use the brakes to turn but it soon all comes together. 60kts for rotate with the stall warner blaring!!! The 'wobbly' take off run reminded me of my first ever take off as a student. The stall warner comes on at rediculously high speeds, but it is nice to know it is there. So fast, so smooth, and with all the kit in the cockpit it makes a nice change from the usual level of kit in a trainer. Full avionics stack with twin Garmins and an autopilot which was fun to mess around with. Slowing down is difficult, think about cutting power to idle on the turn from downwind to base and glide in. I've passed the check ride now I'm looking forwards to flying this beast in the near future..

Last edited by MyData; 15th Jan 2006 at 15:12.