PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2006, 07:43
Craggenmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Eastern Airways Scam

I find their charging policy to potential wannabees off putting and a shame. Last year a ticket from Southampton to Newcastle cost my friend £325 and the plane was almost full! So why these interview and groundschool costs with these ticket prices. That must be one of the most expensive business class tickets money can buy. You can get to JFK on a 777 for the same money these days; But Southampton-Newcastle!

By way of comparison, my interview day with a European carrier consisted of a group exercise, 3 on 1 interview lasting 1 hour, then a few days later a 1 hour sim check on Cranebank's 737..

The cost? Well the car park at Gatwick cost me £8 for the day and roughly £4 for fuel. Lunch was provided free. Then later on the carpark at Cranebank was free with about £4 spent again on petrol.

A total cost of £15.

As a result, you naturally feel respected and genuinely wanted as a member of staff. And you are.

To be in a job where I had to fund my own interview, groundschool and TR, well, you know exactly where you stand and how management thinks of you from day 1. You can usually tell a company's ethics from its recruitment policy. Remember; First Impressions Count.

Deep down you're flying but at what cost to your dignity and T's and C's.

Last edited by Craggenmore; 15th Jan 2006 at 08:02.