PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survival Kits
Thread: Survival Kits
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 20:56
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survival Kits

Let’s not confuse aviation with reality.
Does one really give a hoot…unfortunately ‘yes’ otherwise I probably wouldn’t be wasting my time on such a wild goose chase.
HA
The point was that if your out in some remote spot, who really cares if its approved by some pencil pusher. If it saves your butt, it should have YOUR approval.
I hate it when I hear that some desk driving moron says that to comply with blah blah blah etc you must have Mil 23699 approved chapstick in weather over 50. C while the wind is out of the northwest.......etc
IF your company does not provide equipment as many dont, then its pretty much up to you to put together some kind of a plan.
When I am planning on going to a strange enviornment, besides gathering all I think may be necessary, I try and recycle the brains of those who have been there and done that in hopes they may have some suggestions based on their experience.
So far I have been lucky although I do recall ferrying a B206 from Nairobbery to Pretoria as it continued to pump about a quart of engine oil every couple hours through the N2 GB seals..........
"Homemade" Survival Kit was a little reassurance.