PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 18:23
Bertie Bassett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Eastern Airways Scam

SK,
I have doubts about the morality of a commercial school doing the assessment and potentially misleading students about employment prospects.
Agreed.
Paying £170 for a sim check is not the end of the world.
No, it isn't the end of the world, I agree. But, if Eastern are seen to be getting away with it then more and more TP airlines will follow suit. It will then be seen as another ncecesary expense to be borne by wannabes and, as I inferred in my previous post, it's then only a short step to charging for reading CV's, being interviewed, etc.
Drawing comparisons with Ryan is very unfair- Eastern pay everything else for you
Unfair? Possibly, but Eastern may pay for everything else at the moment. If the applications still roll in, will they continue to do so?
It would be easy for them to ignore min hours guys totally and recruit people with at least a few hundred hours. The fact they will take a chance on you surely justifies letting them assess you without being penalised financially?
I don't think anything justifies charging for the recruitment process whether they do look at minimum houred pilots or not. It should be a cost of doing business and will be, if people don't apply.

BB

How come this post is only viewable if I log in???