PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Setting up a Flight Dispatch
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 17:17
no sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Setting up a Flight Dispatch

Flyglobe

Can İ offer a bit of advice, first closely evaluate what is out there by having the vendors come to you for demonstrations and then go out and visit airlines using the system to see it in action. Give careful consideration to a system that offers more than just basic flight watch and a movement control display. I of course don't know how you do your crewing, but much of the benefit of an electronic ops movement control system revolves around managing crews, their hours and duty records etc. Justifing the cost for just ops movement control may be difficult, I would give careful consideration to including other operational sections such as crewing, duty records, maintenance and if you like, payroll in your selection of system. The real benefits of an computerised ops system are in the integration of many of the ops other disciplines as mentioned above. Commercial costing modules are included in many of the system available, but will often need the data of the other disciplines to produce useable data.

Take your time and realise that you (or the users) will have to adapt to the way the system works and not the other way around.

There are many systems which you can build on as the operation increases in size and a search on the web will get you there. Good Luck.