PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Ground Freq
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 16:51
my hands are tied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dubai Ground Freq

Originally Posted by Desert Whine
At busy times, why do we need to call on Dubai ground (118.35) for push/start only to be told to contact 118.85??

Scenario:

A pilot uses his initiative, after listening to everyone else being told to contact 118.85 for start/push.

He just changes over and calls for push but is told to go back to 118.35 and ask again.
I think you've answered your own question there..........why change frequency when you have not been instructed to?

When on The Arrivals freq do you automatically change freq when established on the ILS because you've heard prior traffic transferred to the Twr?

The Clearance delivery Controller will pass the details (Flight progress strip) to the Ground Movements controller when you've reported ready for start, assuming there is not a backlog at the holding points. Otherwise it will be passed over to him when your turn for start up.

Also as mentioned above the return to including 3000 ft in ATC clces will clog the freq even more.........unfortunately 17 level busts by pilots on SIDs has forced GCAA's hand.