PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Seniority Joke
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 16:42
Lord Snot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Qantas Seniority Joke

This thread has more than a couple of comments by young, ignorant GA watanabes. No problem with who they are, I was a young, ignorant GA watanabe once BUT I kept my mouth shut when older guys talked about how things were in their particular sphere of the aviation world.

For example, I had an opinion on the Pilots’ Strike or Dispute or whatever but thank God I kept my mouth shut because years later I realised how freakin daft and ignorant I was about it.

Posts introducing the notion of how badly off those in GA are on $40K a year are utter garbage and should be erased from this worthwhile thread.

Podbreak, you might realise one day what your perspective truly is from your perch in GA. You obviously do not yet, though, because you have only seen one side of the coin. Come back when you have seen both sides and cringe at your own infantile comments.

Podbreak, once upon a time, if you kept at it in GA and weren’t a complete cripple, you’d do your time and finish up in your “best job” eventually. Now, thanks to greed and clever management by CEOs, we have an utter shambles of a process but that’s another topic. Wait your turn and you will get there eventually – that is, of course, unless some other enterprising young pilots do some sort of newer, cheaper deal to circumvent the system and cut you out.

Podbreak, don’t mention your crappy aircraft and measely $40K. MOST of us here have done the same for years but without anywhere near $40K, without GPS, without VB and J* offering a way to jump the queue (for a lot less cash) after only a couple of years in a PA-31 and definitely without pprune to whinge about it all on.

Seniority IS everything in an airline like The Rat. This is no great revelation, Ernie Gann pointed it out quite clearly many years ago. If and when Podbreak makes it to an airline, he can enjoy the novelty of the “crappy” trips others don’t like…. for a while. Then he might find himself irritated when he is assigned them again and again while junior pilots get around them.