PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Police
Thread: RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 12:35
Divergent Phugoid!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: RAF Police

Not that I am defending the RAFP in any way or form, as stated in many posts here, there are good guys and there are bad guys in every trade.

The one saving grace I can see is that if the station was policed by CivPol there would be a lot of officers and airmen with a criminal record because of their wrong doings and quite a few penalty points on their driving licenses for road traffic offences committed on base.

The advantage of the military policing system is that you wont receive a criminal record for minor offences committed where you most definitely would if the CivPol were dealing. The mil system does look after their own somewhat where the CivPol wouldn't. Particularly these days with their league tables and arrest rate figures they have to meet, you would all be easy targets and then CivPol would easily reach their figures for their next pay increment.

Some good some bad but just be thankful the RAFP are there at all.

Oh and ivrytwr3, you should take a long look at yourself and your post. To use the A17 incident to bolster your own self importance is truly unforgivable. If I were you I wouldn't post any further on thread out of respect for the family involved.