PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Recruitment-MEL
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 09:30
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jetstar Recruitment-MEL

Mr Seatback -
If you recall the closure of BNE, then OOL bases in 2001 was an utter debacle from go to woe. What a mess! The whole situation was so bad it culminated in the decision to reopen the domincile as the dual base 'situation' we see today. The whole SEQ dual base thing was sold as a temporary measure - and that was back in 2002/3! Looks like the joke was on us guys! I guess it gives credence to the old saying -

"Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it."

JQ Chick -
HBA historically has lower hours also. I have seen a HBA part time roster with only one rostered duty!

Since June 2005 I have has two rosters planned at less than 130 hours (116 and 126 hours). Always more of course with Reserve/Live etc... The situation where cabin crew can work over a week's extra hours (35-40!) in a month and get paid the same is ludicris and unfair.

Hopefully Jetstar flight attendants will start to grow some larger testicles in time. We stood up to Impulse management and doubled our salaries overnight. It was very easy once we stood together as a united group and lobbied both the FAAA and the Company. And results were quickly gained.

Over the last four years we have consistently rolled over and 'taken it' for the team and look at where it has ended us. Those management types in Melbourne must get a laugh out of the way we so willingly allow our conditions to erode. It certainly is laughable.

Anyway I am outty. Regardless of the above I will really miss the people of The Star. I cannot think of a finer group of individuals. Thank you for the thousands of great memories - I will really miss you guys x