PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 08:13
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: BA pilots 'prepared to strike'

Paxboy, a considered and interesting posting. I am 52 and have few years to go and (potentially) much to lose. I, obviously, have many contemporaries around the same age.

I WILL strike and I have not met a colleague yet who is not of the same mind. We see this as the line in the sand. We have observed for years the cock-eyed way in which BA is managed and also seen those at the top being rewarded handsomely for their ineptitude e.g. Bob Ayling. I work extremely hard for my money, BA is a good company to fly for but the differential is far less than it was between us and other companies after constant erosion of our Ts & Cs while the core problems remain untouched. I have had enough and will not subsidise the inefficiencies any more, least of all by losing some of my pension. This issue will affect us for the rest of our lives.

The last actual strike ballot BALPA held was in the early 90s. The results were something in the order of 97% in favour with a return of ballot papers also around 97%. If this comes to a strike ballot that one will look like it had luke warm support.I will strike despite the risks.

WW would be foolish to underestimate the anger and resolve.

Last edited by M.Mouse; 14th Jan 2006 at 08:42.