PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 07:13
Golden Ticket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BA pilots 'prepared to strike'

Don't let this company give away our retirements so easily without a fight. I never expect understanding from the public, they have their own agenda, they also have their own pension schemes and should be behaving the same. People should question the validity of their company's claims and why the 99% of the population have to allow for the 1% populations errors and failings.

I've got more than 20years to go before I can draw my pension. If we don't set a precedent now the company could try similar things in 15-20years time and cite the same arguements probably. Why can people not see that this is not just about our pension it should be about everybody's. So many pension schemes are being trampled under foot by greedy incompetent management and pension companies, time to stand up to them. That's everybody with a pension, not just BA staff.

Having seen the pensions DVD sent out, when one of the directors answers the question, 'Whose to blame?' and his answer is that it is not helpful to aportion blame here, you pretty much can guess whose at fault. It's not us for wanting to ensure a comfortable retirement for ourselves and our families.