PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2006, 06:25
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BA pilots 'prepared to strike'

Paxboy thanks for your considered posting. You make some interesting points but as you are pax by self-definition your posting has the 'feel' of an outsider to the issue.

Public perception will be changed.

Your bullet points are interesting and of course I'm aware of how share ownership is distributed in a large company.

Your 'split' you perceive is totally wrong and I'm sure other BA pilots will validate me. The NAPS deficit applies to the majority of BA employees, not just the pilots. Managers are in line to lose out as well and many of them are squirming uncomfortably at having to trot out the party line.

The pilots will not lose. If you could have access to the forum where BA pilots discuss these issues and if you visited our flight decks (sadly no longer possible, you'd be most welcome) you would see a strength of feeling like no other on this issue. The subject dear to most pilots hearts is the pension. We cannot leap from one employer to another like our management. We are constrained by seniority. Therefore we tolerate much mis-management, but we will not tolerate interference in our pensions.