PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats my next move? Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2006, 23:18
anguspm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats my next move? Ryanair

Hi Guys n gals,

Looking for some help on this one:

Was due to travel Valladolid - STN this afternoon (FR3125) at 1700 with Ryanair. Upon arrival at the airport visibility was around 30m on the approach road due to fog. Arrived at 1505 and whilst checking in noticed all previous flights had been cancelled and the pax for the earlier FR outbound flight to Brussels were still in the airport. I asked the girl what the situation with my flight was and was told: "WeŽll know at 1630 whether its cancelled or not, theyŽll probably refund or move you tommorrows flight in that event".

At 1640 the terminal monitor flashed up cancelled, an announcment was made to this effect and everyone was directed to reclaim their baggage. After reclaiming my baggage I went to the Ryanair window where the gentleman said "we are only the handling agent, hereŽs a reclamation from" to which I asked "to speak to the airline representative to find out what my rights were". The gentleman then advised me that there is no Ryanair representative at Valladolid and that they are based in Dublin. "Could I have the tel number please?" I asked. "Sorry we dont have that, their address is on the form, youŽll have to contact them there". Trundling out with my bag IŽve now got home calmed down and tried to find a customer service number on the net to find out what is happening.

Well I havenŽt found it yet!

What I have found out is that the flight from Valladolid according to the BAA page landed into STN this evening at 2208 (Sched 1810).

My questions are the following:

The visit to the UK was going to be Fri - Sun and the Sat flight (if thats what Ryanair will offer when I get hold of someone from them) wonŽt allow me to accomplish the purpose of my journey, will they refund the ticket cost?

How can an airline not be represented at an airport?

How can a handling agent not have a tel number for the airline they are working for?

Thanks in advance and sorry if its a little long winded!