PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2006, 22:23
FlyingTom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BA pilots 'prepared to strike'

"You knew what you signed up for when you joined."

It was Lloyd, Flight Ops Director, who said that, WW said there would be no increase in company funding to BARP. Just for the record but totally agree with you AH.

Actually I didn't know what I was signing, I was told it was Industry Leading, I trusted at my peril. The company and BALPA didn't know either at that stage.

Here's how BA might plan to fund the "deficit". Two years time EOG Gatwick slots sold to GB for £500M. Meanwhile NAPS pilots accrual goes back to 60ths etc, saving £500M, imposed by Pension Regulator when company/Trustee talks stagnate. BA appear quite reasonable whilst workforce went on strike. One year later WW leaves BA with £750K bonus. GB gets new chief exec. GB buys 777's/330's. Just trying to blue-sky the issue!

BALPA are far better prepared than BA at this stage. BA have been jumped and are hoping they can string it out until March and the actuary's report. Before the strike we need to advertise the strike dates in the major press,a la Lufthansa. The pilots must appear to be more reasonable than BA.