PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Police
Thread: RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2006, 21:30
ivrytwr3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: RAF Police

http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowanc...raf_air_05.cfm

The RAF Police are still on the lower pay band. However, as they have not done barrier duties for many months now (the MPGS do security) a pay review took place in Sep 05, with the results to be published Feb 06.

The RMP have had their results which are something like up to and including Sgt will be awarded the higher pay band, the rumour is this is what the RAF Police will be awarded too.

Also when you leave training you are to be a level 4. So after training you will be earning £18841 pa. I've been in the job 8 years and earn £26882 pa. I also work 12 hour shifts of 4 on and 4 off, and on the 4 off i spend it with the family, very rare is it to be called in to work on your stand down.

And out of those 8 years i have spent 7 months doing gate duties waiting for MPGS roll out.

Having served in the army (4 years) and seen both sides of the coin, why would i want to live in a field when i can have a 5 star hotel with rates?

The Army dig in, the Air Force check in.

I've also served in Afghanistan, Gulf, Las Vegas, Rio, Dakhar, Germany. And as for RAF Police being 'pretend', well only last week we dealt with a serious RTC in which a RAF Officer and his family were killed. I, myself, had to wait outside their MQ awaiting the arrival of the surviving son. It's strange but when we are giving out tickets or you're on the receiving end of a charge, we're scum. But come something as serious as this, everybody, including Army officers turn to us for help, guidance and direction.

Last edited by ivrytwr3; 14th Jan 2006 at 06:43.