PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Truth - or a social lie.
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2001, 02:16
429 CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Centaurus, I acknowledge your long and obviously distinguished career. But the question/s that I have for you are this..... What, in all reality, is the "truth" that you speak of? I was/am a late starter in the industry, and have had to dig around a little bit to start those hours moving, but in all honesty isn't the real key to success (at your next goal, anyway), to bite off much more than you can chew and then proceed to chew like you know what? Can you stand there and tell me in one way or another that ALL of us aspire to airline work? Yes, I hear what you are saying when you point out that as of now the market is well and trully inundated with those much more experienced than I, and that progression will be slower than before, and that makes it all the more heart breaking for those very close to their goal seeing the goalposts moving away faster than they can reach them.

The current situation is far from ideal for a number of people that I know and have met recently, and my thoughts go out to each of them in turn. However, that is THEIR individual goal/s to go to the airlines, and not neccessarily mine, or that of many others. I guess all I am trying to say is that each of us wants something different to everybody else.