PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Ground Freq
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2006, 14:14
Desert Whine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubai Ground Freq

At busy times, why do we need to call on Dubai ground (118.35) for push/start only to be told to contact 118.85??

Scenario:

A pilot uses his initiative, after listening to everyone else being told to contact 118.85 for start/push.

He just changes over and calls for push but is told to go back to 118.35 and ask again.

So he switches back to 118.35 and asks (again).

THAT GUY tells him to go back (again) to 118.85 and ask (again).

Obviously the ATCO on 118.35 needs to note something to say this guy is progressing or something.
But why? This happens again and again and AGAIN and AGAIN AND AGAIN. It's a complete waste of everyone's time..... unless there's something I don't know (and I'm sure there's plenty) why can't someone make a simple change to the "policy"??

And why not place the requirement to call on the other freq on the friggin ATIS??? Why do we go through this crap all the time when it's busy?

OR....... why not have a dedicated ACD freq when it is congested like any other airport??

On the topic, (Rant Two) why do all these pilots make this infuriating call to ground to establish contact before requesting their ATC clearance?

EG:

"Dubai ground, Knobend 181"

"Knobend 181, Dubai ground, go ahead"

Hmmmm oh, it works!! Okay then: "Knobend 181, blah blah blah.....etc"

The first two calls are unnecessary. Why not just call them (you know they're home because you can hear them talking to everyone else) and give the details all in ONE R/T call and give the next guy a friggin break???? Is Middle East aviation a sheltered workshop or something? It seems so simple to me...???

Wouldn't this save time at 0200 or 0800 when every man and his dog is on the radio?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh............ I feel so much better now.