PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naples Air Center - ATPL goundschool course
Old 13th Jan 2006, 09:20
Charlie Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Naples Air Center - ATPL goundschool course

I am just starting module two of the Naples Air Center ATPL Distance Learning course.

Overall I find the course good value for money. The manuals are mostly okay but I would say that the Performance manual requires a complete overhaul. If it weren't for the Oxford Performance manual I would probably never have got through that exam. The Instrumentation manual could do with a bit of updating in certain places. However saying this my manuals are over a year old so these areas may have been address by now.

The instructors are a mix of ex-military and commercial with the CGI being an ex-RAF navigator (if I remember correctly).

Online help is mainly in the form of online student forums. Replies are normally pretty quick. However one is also able to speak to the instructors via telephone and they each have a Skype account which they are nearly always logged into, very handy for us Brits - it'd cost a lot in telephone calls otherwise!

As for my results so far, I have first time passes in all seven subjects with a 92% average. The lowest being 84% in Principles of flight and the highest being 99% at General Navigation. Meterorology and Instrumentation were 93%, VFR Comms 91%, IFR Comms 96%, Performance 89%.