PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QinetiQ to be sold off
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2006, 08:35
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Re: QinetiQ to be sold off

[QUOTE=BossEyed]

It is most decidely NOT "policy", tecumseh (Bite).

I think I'd like you BossEyed. Finger trouble when registering and I am forever stuck with a mis-spelt handle!

Not policy then but common practice I'm afraid. And no matter how many Channel Managers you speak to, a report writer who is under pressure to bring in more work (profit) will always want to demonstrate that he or she knows there is almost always more to be done. QQ don't have to make the decision on when to draw the line on a design, and go for it. That falls to the DPA project manager. It is frustrating for all concerned knowing that what you will deliver is largely obsolescent, but it will always be so - especally in the high tech aircraft world.

I think this sell-off will simply increase the cost of this work, and there is only one source of income - the Defence Budget. As happened when DERA started hard charging (i.e. money changed hands) projects will NOT be given compensatory extra provision, but will have to cut requirements from the project. Same happened with DARA, and all the internal MoD departments and services we now have to pay for. All it does is create jobs for people who have no direct input to the deliverable - military equipment. The Government continue to sell the crown jewels, a chosen few line their pockets, and front line suffers.