PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2006, 08:34
Big Kahuna Burger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Re: BA pilots 'prepared to strike'

Airbrake,
you cant know much about either the feelings or the facts surrounding what is going on at BA. I fall well outside of the figures that you quote will be striking if Willie lets it get that far.

I will be out on the picket line.

Depending on what the company actually goes for, I personally could be looking down the barrel of a 40% (yes forty) loss in pension. (The percentage loss is quite variable due to time served, rank, time till retirement etc)

The financial facts behind this are quite amazing.

BA is currently the worlds most profitable airline, yet run like a 1950s British Leyland Factory for ineffiencies rife throughout the other departments.

I dont think my 800 shorthaul hours the last year with NO overtime out of what must be the most treacleish airport in the world is ineffiecent

(Against a 900 hr legal limit, that many charter and scheduled carriers dont get anywhere near)

This productivity is gained from the pilots despite trawling between not only aircraft, but terminals during a multi sector days work and what should be rostered as a 4 hour day at any other airport being a 7 hour epic on every occasion at LHR.

Prehaps 'Profits despite negligence' should be the company moto instead?

Eat my shorts Willie. Ive had enough.

....and yes I do care greatly about the customers - those very people who pay my mortgage, but Im afraid that I have no option but to exercise my moral and legal right to try and to protect my families finacial security. One thing is for sure any Pilot strike will not be an ILLEGAL RECKLESS WILDACT STRIKE ACTION like the prvious 3 'actions'.

Last edited by Big Kahuna Burger; 13th Jan 2006 at 09:01.