PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET2
Thread: JET2
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2006, 23:40
Harves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jet2 interviews

Well they have given me my break after almost 3 years of trying so I for one will not be complaining. Due to start begining of Feb.

The format of the day down in Bornemouth is very relaxed and friendly. They do indeed do numerical and verbal reasoning. Personally I found the verbal okay and the numerical a bit of a bugger, but then not really my forte. They send you examples of these in your interview pack and having found a lot of online tests easy, I would recomend doing the examples and visiting the testing companies website too.

The Head of recruitment gave us a nice company low down presentation and laid the cards very openly on the table at that stage re bonding and a day in the life of.... He was not afraid to address issues that have been aired on here which put my mind to rest and mentioned some changes to rostering and leave that have been made to address these problems.

Finally on that day a very relaxed interview, no tec questions, just about you really.

If you pass this...on to the sim. I had mine at CTC, but understand Gecat is also used. I thought a very fair sim based on your experience levels and we had all sorts there by the way.

Mine was 737-300, obviousely raw data...straight ahead (surprisingly the non type rated guy had to fly a sid...but I guess they know what they are doing), cleaning up to 4,000 and level off, when clean After Take off checks. Then off for general handling, back in to pick up star at specified range. Configure and fly procedural ILS possible go around.

On the comment regarding check book, I am not going to get involved in a debate on paying for rating or being bonded when rated for line training, but I have taken my decision on that based on my personal circumsatnces.

What I will say on that point though is that I have not parted with a penny for CV's or sim assesment. My starting salary is excedingly good in comparison to some others I could mention with full flight pay and after line training is complete, you go to full FO pay and flight pay. I also get a pension after short qualifying period and other costs such as hotels whilst training and expences are covered for me. Although I do not have the experience to make direct comparisons on many issues..I know that the deal and opportunity I am getting is far to supperior to some that have fllutterd under my nose.

I know the latter part of this post wasn't your question, but felt that a couple of comments made before you even find the details for yourself, should not go unchallenged.

Suffice to say I wish you all the best of luck.