PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QinetiQ to be sold off
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2006, 22:47
BossEyed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: QinetiQ to be sold off

It's interesting that you guys refer to "...the increasing tendancy to recommend further work'", as this is a criticism that has been internally addressed directly over the last couple of years (at least). It is not the intention to lead an IPT in a particular direction, really it isn't.

I'm not saying that it can't be done better, or that such recommendations never make it into reports now, but I am saying that it is something the organisation is trying very hard not to do. It is most decidely NOT "policy", tecumseh (Bite).

Reading some of the comments here, one might gain the impression that report writers/reviewers and the military side of the partnership are kept carefully apart. Nothing could be further from the truth; quite apart from anything else, they are often the same people and of course the insights that the military guys bring to what the user actually requires is one of the major reasons why Boscombe can achieve what it does. Long may the partnership remain strong.

Now, at this point you may well be thinking that Mandy Rice-Davies applies, and "he would say that wouldn't he?" It's very easy to bash the place from the outside I know. But come and visit, talk to the coal face. Some, at least, of your prejudices may be modified - hopefully positively!
As for the sell-off... Comments on that are above my pay grade.

Last edited by BossEyed; 13th Jan 2006 at 11:19.