PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAS Changes
Thread: PAS Changes
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2006, 21:55
White Noise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: PAS Changes

Might be worth noting that there is a paragraph within the orange pension book we signed for on page 7 para 8 which mentions your choices if you wish not to join and rejoin AFPS05 at a later date you can so as long as you can prove you are medically fit and under age 55.

Although i have not quoted the para exactly as i don't have it on me there are two ways to read this. Firstly that if you wish not to join AFPS05 now and decide to stay on AFPS75 you have one opportunity to join at a later date. which means you could stay on AFPS75 and change to AFPS05 once you have cleared 4 years PAS.
Secondly and the way i believe it is meant to read is that you can "contract out" into a personal scheme (please note that is the legal wording they should have used in that para) and then rejoin only once at a later date.

I have emailed the OTT bunch through handbrake and was forwarded a statement from them that it didn't mean the first option, however they didn't clarify that it was infact meant to mean the second. the statement also mentioned the author of this paragraph should be fired !!

Pretty good document when the agency dealing with it thinks this.

I know of at least one person who made his decision on this paragraph believing the former option!

Does anyone else think that allowing personnel to be able to chose a personal pension and then be allowed to be able to rejoin AFPS05 but not to allow those on AFPS75 the chance to rejoin AFPS05 at a later date discriminatory ??

Personally i have now emailed them through handbrake my thoughts on the above and its implications in my decision making and yet to recieve a reply although they have graced me with an extension until 31 March will the try to dig themselves a bigger hole.