PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2006, 14:50
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary

Guys:

Thanks for your posts.. I have managed to grab a few mins to come on pprune. Been a lot of bad news really, firstly about a month before Christmas, my Grandad was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma - something which shocked me a lot and upset me quite a bit. He is doing fine and responding to treatment well so fingers crossed.

The thing which knocked me for six though, was seeing my dad in pain for months (aching joints) etc and coming out in rashes all the time, then to discover about a week ago, that he has "Acute Myeloid Leukaemia". He is in intensive care at the moment and is hoping to return to his ward tonight to continue treatment. He was really bad, but has improved a little. There is only 1.7% of the population that will get this condition, and it is not hereditary - yet his Dad (my Grandad) died of it about 15 years ago, over the age of 60. My dad is 47.

As you can imagine, I can think of nothing else but the above at the moment, so pretty much everything in life has taken a back seat. I am looking after my Mum, who has seen better days.

I am determined to continue as normal as possible, including the flying, and so will see what I can conjure up next week - in the meantime, all my thoughts and time are with my family.

Sorry for such a morbid post - just didn't wanna leave any of you in the lurk, having been so good.

Lee