PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old
Old 12th Jan 2006, 11:56
I-FORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old

Dani,
the links I provided are just the beginning for a comprehensive study.
The extract you cited is from an annotated bibliography, most of wich is controversial, by the way the final report of the study based in part on that bibliography (Hilton Study, CAMI, FAA sposored) says this:

"Hilton Systems replicated and extended analyses from previous studies, including statistical analyses. The report describes outcomes from analyses conducted to answer a series of questions examining the relationship between age and accident rates for pilots holding Class I, Class II and Class III medical certificates. Recent and total flight time are utilized as a measure of risk exposure. The results present a converging body of evidence which fail to support a hypothesis that accident rates increase at or about the age of 60 years."

See also:

DOT/FAA/AM 94/22
TITLE: Age 60 Rule Research, Part III: Consolidated Database Experiments Final Report, ADA286247
AUTHORS: Kay, E.J., Harris, R.M., Voros, R.S., Hillman, D.J., Hyland, D.T., and Deimler, J.D.