PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2006, 11:17
Vee One...Rotate

Super-Friendly Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary

My dad has also been a bit unwell recently. Very sorry to hear that mazzy.

Flying-wise, it's been an age since I posted in this thread but I did manage to get up on Tuesday morning, after an epic time away from my stead, to re-aquaint myself with what a wing was and why that whirly thing at the front...whirls. Just some circuits, short-field, glide approaches and some x-wind stuff. Been lucky (?) to not have had to deal with much x-wind so far but Tuesday was an eye-opener, crikey.

20 knots surface wind, a large part of it across the rwy in use - instructor demo'd a lovely approach and landing (crab method) despite the gusty conditions. My turn was, ahem, a little more "sporty". Definately a real challenge but I'm itching for more exposure to get me up to speed smartish.

If the wx holds out, my first little real nav flight will happen this coming Saturday. A little triangle between Leicester, Kettering and Rugby. If it goes well, there's the possibility that I can have a go myself the following weekend Having only got as far as some departures/re-joins on the solo front, I reckon this will be (if it happens) a GREAT experience

Bye for now,

V1R