PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - anbody converted an FAA - JAA cpl(h)??
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2006, 03:13
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
Re: anbody converted an FAA - JAA cpl(h)??

Now I wonder whether the JAA system is over the top and the more "lenient" systems are closer to the mark.

I listened to the CAA route being so vastly superior to the FAA for years....and in the end....the only difference is the atrocious costs and administrative burden imposed upon the users by the bureaucracy.

It took exposure to the UK and European systems to convince me all my whining about the FAA was a bit unfair.

When I walk up to the counter there near Gatwick...with 20 years experience and 10,000 hours...ATP and IF rating, multiengine time, instrument time, night time...honest to God mountain time which you cannot get in the UK....to be told I have to take a 650 hour long training course.....that is a hulking great load of Bovine Feces folks. There is no justifying that. NONE!

Taking the Air Law....no problem. Doing a check ride...no problem. Do what training is needed to become conversant with the flight rules and procedures for the local area extant....no problem.

In the UK right now there are hundreds if not thousands of foreign registered aircraft. Ever wonder why?

They do not seem to be falling out of the sky....must be some reason for that too I bet.