PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Seniority Joke
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 23:08
Crusty Demon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Qantas Seniority Joke

If the original LOA was only for about 9 people, why have those further down the list gone down by 25 numbers in the last few days (rumour I have heard).

I fully agree with the above. Why did aipa support this? If the company wanted to do it through other means, let them do it. Aipa is there to represent its members. Those gaining the seniority were not members. By doing so it stuck a knife in the back of some of its fully paid up members.

This is one of the main reasons I voted for the ARG, along with the inaction of the previous group to do anything about loss of flying, and a sell out of junior members again with the Singapore basing.

As new hires, will these new recruits (even with their seniority) be made to sign the contract sending them to Singapore? Or is there further preferential treatment they have been given to make sure they don't have to cop a shafting thanks to our previous Aipa?

Moving down 25 numbers seniority wise can potentially cause a significant financial loss over the course of a career. From someone who is not going to be affected, but who can see the inequity of this deal for newer members, thanks Aipa. If you have to wait another year or more for firstly f/o, then command due to this load of crap deal, what is the financial penalty? What about the lifestyle penalty when it comes to rostering? Where is the fairness in that.

Seniority starts the day you start. Full stop. You can't bend the rules to suit some and not others.