PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest airborne again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2001, 20:00
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mista
Onya, glad to see it's still service with a smile

Saw Harry O the other day, back in town and enjoying life.
Will remember you to Adrian.
Lost track of John B.
But like bad pennies they all keep turning up in the oddest places.
I didn't mention Hicks as they didn't get into the Skywest family, though they were combatants and colourful is a fairly mild description. How he ever got the 402 that had that little TS adventure from PH to JT in one piece was either a miracle or a testament to Cessna engineering. Last I saw of him was in the insurance business I think, but must be retired by now.
Boomerang with George G, who has now hung up his spurs.

Love your "aviation as its richest" because it was in ALL senses of the word.
Fierce competition but all good mates.

I reckon they got the plot for that beaut Wile E Coyote and the Sheepdog cartoon from those days.

I can still see an apoplectic MMA skipper berating one of the blokes for having the temerity to beat him to the ILS after they both left the last port more or less together, wasn't having anything of these little tin thingys sharing the same IFR airspace with real aircraft carrying real pax, as President of HUGE US construction corp worth more than MMA and the rest of us put together and then some, strolls from the little tin thingy. Fortunately he was in the minority, as the rest were great fun.

The walls of the old Cocktail Bar at the Hedland Walkabout and the Orbit Inne at Perth could tell a tale or two.