PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old
Old 11th Jan 2006, 21:33
Mini mums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Re: Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old

I don't usually like this sort of thing, but on this occasion I think it's an interesting thought:
A dedicated shop steward was at a convention in Las Vegas and decided to check out the local brothels.
When he got to the first one, he asked the madam, "Is this a union house?"
"No, I'm sorry, it isn't" , said the madam.
"Well, if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?" "The house gets $80 and the girl gets $20."
Mightily offended at such unfair dealings, the man stomped off down the street in search of a more equitable shop.
At the second one, he asked the madam, "Is this a union house?"
"No, I'm sorry, it isn't" , said the madam.
"If I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?"
"The house gets $80 and the girl gets $20."
Again offended, the man stomped off down the street in search of a more equitable shop. His search continued until he finally reached a brothel where the madam said, "Why yes, this is a union house."
"And if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?"
"The girls get $80 and the house gets $20."
"That’s more like it!", the man said. He looked around the room and pointed to a stunningly attractive redhead. "I'd like her for the night."
"I'm sure you would, sir", said the madam, gesturing to a fat woman in her fifties in the corner, "but Ethel here is most senior."
Just because you started first doesn't mean you're the most suitable for command (or for a shag for that matter!)
your contract says retire at 55 - go at 55, your contract say retire at 60 go at sixty. nothing in your contract, work till you want.
How can I put this without stirring up too stronger feelings . . . for every day you work extra, your stopping someone elses career - imagine if someone was doing that to you? Care? Perhaps you should.
Thankfully, most of us are too professional to take these feelings onto the flightdeck.