PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest airborne again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2001, 10:54
Stick Pusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice one Keg!

It is all very early days boys and girls. It's been just over a week and a half, but it seems like forever. Skywest is a very safe professional, and highly respected airline that has a very loyal and supportive passenger base throughout WA. With all the work that all employees of Skywest(and others from all AN related unions - Good on you all as well!) have done over the pass week, I think that the company will bounce back better than ever. There might be certain changes and maybe routes and schedules will alter, but I strongly belive that if the company, once back at full steam and them some, will do very well. It is hopefully a start for all the rest of the blue tails. If it can kick some goals in the coming weeks and put the points on the board, then I hope it will be a start for more to follow for the rest of the group. I wish that the governments both state and federal would do the same for any Ansett route, if it makes money, help it out to generate money and move people that need to move, rather than sitting on the ground and doing more harm than good. Now that Skywest is up and running the immediate pressure for a buyer is not as great, with the bussiness running, they, the prospective buyers, will be able to see how much more of a good thing most of the group is, rather than speculating on what-if's while Air NZ hide the books to try and paint a worse picture than it really is. (78% load factor for the AN group / 67% for NZ group? Aussie dollar 20% stronger? There's some simple maths right there.)

Keep it up guys, we all know it's worth saving for the country and the industry!

[ 23 September 2001: Message edited by: Stick Pusher ]