PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2001, 20:21
Max Angle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr Benn,

Looking at the latest list (and there have been a few changes) it looks like joiners from around March 2000 onwards are at going to go. Any Captain who joined after around December 1996 is at risk of demotion. The union and the company are going to great lengths to cut the number down with various schemes but it looks grim for a great many people. My job and command are safe for the moment but I can tell you that nobody feels very secure right now.

Whilst not wishing to see anybody out of work who does not need to be I do have some concerns about BMIR guys jumping over mainline guys in respect of last in/first out but people who know far more about it than I have been working hard on the seniority list for a long time now and I guess they have done all they can within the law to protect those who have been in mainline for a while.

The scale of these losses is going to rip the company apart for a bit I think, we have hired a lot of very good people in the last few years and it is such a shame to see so many people on the list that I have enjoyed flying with that are now going to be out.

Sad days for all of us.