PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 15:49
CapCon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Stapleford Flying Club

Hi Easy,

I've done exactly the same thing; got my PPL with another school then moved to Stapleford. Why? Well to be totally honest the initial attraction was the price! Far cheaper than what i was currently paying.

So i rang up and had a quick chat with the Commercial Co-ordinator, who was very helpful and invited me to have a tour of the site and Q&A session. No hesitations - I joined.

Reasons why:

-Overall good value for money
-Very, very friendly atmosphere!!
-Good hourly rate for aircraft hire and plenty of aircraft (Have been with them for 6 months and have never had a problem with aircraft availabilty.)
-The training aircraft are well equipped
-No landing fees for members
-The facilities are excellent, especially the sim centre.
-Stapleford send their students to London Metropolitan University to do their ATPL ground exams. I'm already at LMU studying Aviation Management BSc so I know the staff.
-Finally, they have just got a DA42 Diamond twin star - Can't wait to get my hands on that

Anyway as you can probably guess, I can't recommend Stapleford highly enough. If you want to do a modular course then Stapleford is THE place!

I suggest getting in contact with Stapleford http://www.flysfc.com/ and ask for Emma Drakeford. She's very helpful and can explain the course better than I can.

Cheers,

CapCon