PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals?
Thread: Capped Actuals?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 12:57
FOMere2eternity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Capped Actuals?

Also believe it's one of those wheel re-invention things. Not sure what cycle we're on but it will return to normal after the concerns you have both raised arise. The best option by far, in terms of simplicity and fairness, would be a flat rate similar to rate 1s in the UK. Everyone gets the same irrespective of rank (even some junior ranks can read newspapers nowadays) and in some destinations you win, in others you lose.

Several years ago I was the one passenger in the back of C130 with about six Herc crews who had their own imprest. While they handed out dosh to each other for a burger and a few beers, I wasn't entitled to any hard cash. However, the captain was responsible for me as a passenger and told me I could have a three course meal in the rather flash restaurant.

An hour or so later I was in the restaurant as the only punter, being serenaded by some bird on a piano, eating lobster, crayfish, steak etc etc. (I was, not the pianist). Think my bill was about $50 compared to the cash each of the crew members got of about $30.

As is human nature, this will happen the world over AGAIN - annoyingly because we haven't learnt to learn. Reason 837...