PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WristWatch Selection
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 11:55
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WristWatch Selection

Breitling Navitimer. I received my as a surprise* wedding anniversary gift. I found it quite large at first but now feel that it is quite the right size.

I *did* use it during my skills test as the clock in the cockpit was U/S and I didn't have the DME timer on. I also used it to time a 180 degree rate one turn when simulating cloud entry.

The slide rule does make for a great currency converter when on holiday - as already mentioned above.

In reality the watch does lose a couple of seconds per day, which is worse then my previous quartz Swatch. But I wouldn't swap it for the world now.

For those who have one (or similar) there is a marker on the inner and outer dial at 36. This isn't explained in the instructions, nor could anyone help in the shop where it was bought. Does anyone know what this is for? I would guess that 36 maps to 3600 seconds in an hour so might have something to do with converting rates between per second and per hour or minute?

*Surprise as in I didn't expect to receive it at all, yet I had been pointing out the nice ads in the flying mags during my PPL studies