PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2001, 17:06
Budvar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Ladies and gents my thoughts go out to everyone today, and hope that things turn around before the dates come up!!!
I'm a little concerned, and this isn't a rant or personal against any involved, about the situation with the people who joined quite recently from commuter. I realise that under employment law when a transfer of business has occurred the employees concerned keep their length of service etc... But usually this is when a takeover has happenned and the workforces are merged,
i.e. pilots being forced on to a new seniority list and thereby being put straight at the botttom even after many years of service. Very unfair!!!!
However this situation is very different, the pilots concerned were not forced to move and did so of their own free will, therefore IMHO should have a start date of when they joined mainline bmi. Correct me if I am wrong (as is often the case) but I believe cadets which are recruited fom inside the company ( the hall,dispatchers etc..) have had none of their previous servce taken into account and have a start date of when they started flying even though they may of been with company a number of years. Should the same happen for commuter pilots ??
Good Luck to All!!!